The Kasiisi Project is recruiting a US based executive director. Details are below – if you know of anyone who might be interested please pass this on or have them contact email@example.com.
- Liaise with our field partner, Ugandan registered NGO, The Kibale Forest Schools’ Program (KFSP) to design, implement and evaluate our programs.
- Develop a plan for significant fundraising in the United States, with responsibility for developing a donor program, soliciting large gifts on behalf of the organization, researching, submitting and reporting on grants, and managing relationships with donors and donor prospects.
- Expanding digital fundraising efforts
- Cultivating individual donors, foundations, US and international commercial partnerships, and other contributors.
- Overseeing gift and grant stewardship.
- Managing a portfolio of prospects, including initiating contact and meeting with existing and potential donors.
- Creating materials and tools to communicate regularly with existing and potential donors, including tracking and managing received donations, recognizing and thanking donors.
- Report to the Board of Directors
- Advise the Board of Directors on strategic planning,
- Implement recommended strategy,
- Provide ongoing monthly status reports to the Board
- Collaborate with KFSP director Dr. Emily Otali, and other members of staff in Uganda to identify, design, monitor and evaluate new programs.
- Submit Field Reports
- Oversee accounting
- Write annual reports
- Create and oversee budgets
- Recruit and manage volunteers, honors students and interns
- Attend conferences and events as appropriate
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience working in a developing country, ideally East Africa
- Demonstrated professional fundraising success, with proven experience in developing fundraising strategies, digital fundraising, and donor relations
- Skills to communicate and coordinate with an international organization to maintain a spirit of respect and collaboration
- Ability to work effectively with teams from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Understanding of managing finances
- Understanding of program evaluation
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, or bookkeeping software
- US citizenship/permission to work in the US
- Knowledge and/or experience in environmental or wildlife conservation issues
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills, ability to think “outside-the-box”
- Must be able to travel to within the US and to Uganda at least annually
How to apply:submit cover letter, grant writing sample, resume and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter include evidence of strong leadership and organizational skills, communication, and ability to think outside the box as well as any experience working with teams from different cultural backgrounds
For more information about The Kasiisi Project: see www.kasiisiproject.org
SALARY: Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience
DEADLINE FOR FIRST ROUND OF APPLICATIONS: February 1st2019.